Monday, September 21, 2009

Home From Vacation


Hi everyone. We just got home last night from a 9 day vacation with our daughter and 6 year old GD. Can you imagine 6 days at Disney World, 2 days at water parks and 1 day Seaworld? It was really fun but I must have walked 3-5 miles a day and it was HOT. 6 is a great age to take a child to DW. They are big enough to ride most of the rides and more importantly big enough to walk around on their own.

I missed the semiannual Georgia Celebrates Quilts Show that was this last weekend but I did manage to win an honorable mention for my quilt 'Flight Into Fantasy' which is pictured on the right on my blog. I also won a second place for my quilt 'The Face of Envy' pictured here. Can you see the face? This quilt has really surprised me since it won a Judges Choice award in another show. I created it last December with the only goal of practicing my free motion quilting. Just goes to show you can never predict what the judges will like.

6 comments:

Corryna said...

I like this quilt very much. At first you don't see the face. And than, as you see it, you can not see the landscape you saw before.

Beena said...

I like your "Face of Envy" quilt. A nicely added surprise!

I keep thinking that if I ever go back to the theme parks here in Florida (which are all about an hour away), I'll have to use one of those rented wheelchairs. It's too hot, and too much walking around for me!

Kim D. said...

Congratulations! Beautiful Quilt and love the face. Thanks for stopping by my blog and posting. I concur I'm always looking for new fm designs.

Vivien Zepf said...

Congratulations! Very cool!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your awards AND on surviving Disney!!

Linda and Michelle said...

This is a beautiful piece! I saw landscape at first - like a geologic map, and the colors just sing!