Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Look What We Had Above Our Front Door

All spring we have been watching this nest right above our front door. We didn't notice it until it was already built since we always drive into the garage to enter the house. You can see that it is sitting on a ledge that is about 2" wide.


These pictures were taken last Friday and the mom was not too happy with us. We tried to hold off on taking pictures since we didn't want the mom to be too upset. Pretty tight quarters for four little birds. Glad we finally took pictures since today all the babies have flown away.

2 comments:

vickie martin said...

thanks for your comment on my blog - i thought I"d leave one here in case you don't come back. but, I'm seeing more and more fiber around. Sandler Hudson just had a show with a fiber artist and there is an interesting show at Defoors Center with a fiber group. I'm taking the blogging class with Allyson Stanfield, so I'm making myself blog! lol!

Debbi Baker said...

How wonderful! It never ceases to amaze me the places birds choose to make nests! PS Great quilt panel in the previous post.