Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Quilt in an Art Show

This is a picture of my quilt 'The Face of Envy', far right in this photo, at the Rome GA Art Coterie Juried Exhibition. This is a first for me and it still is hard to imagine that I would ever have something in an art show. They had 399 nationwide entries and selected 47 pieces for the exhibit. Of the 47, they selected 3 fiber pieces and 1 mixed media collage. The rest of the show was paintings, photo and schulptures. I didn't win anything but my piece is hanging in the main gallery room and I did hear that this was considered an honor. I really enjoyed this experience and will definately look for more art shows to enter.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might like some Quilt exhibitions from New Zealand on YouTube.To find enter WWVDNZ in searchbox of YouTube.There are 4 exhibitions with about 600 Quilts.My wife is a Quilter!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on being accepted into the show. We have to keep spreading the word about art quilts!

Michele/TextileTraveler said...

That is an honor just to be accepted into the show! And how wonderful that you are introducing fiber arts to people who may not have considered them "art" in the past. Congratulations!

Vivien Zepf said...

Wow, Judy; congratulations! This is fantastic. You should be very thrilled and rightfully proud of being part of this exhibit.

Susan Schrott, Artist said...

This is fantastic. You have every reason to be proud. Congratulations.

Linda’s Textiles said...

Congratulations Judy! I'm sure there'll be more.

Cathie said...

How wonderful - congrats Judy.
I wish I could get a better glimpse of your quilt.
Thanks so much for visiting me.
With regard to Jilian's most recent book - I highly, highly recommend it. I've read all three now (just finishing her first one - I read them in reverse.) She's so right on in her philosophies.