I am a little disappointed that my quilt is not a finalist in the QA calendar contests but I did think it was highly unlikely that I would be chosen 2 years in a row. So now I get to share the full picture here.
The background fabric for this quilt was painted with Setacolors. I then added areas of painted Misty Fuse and used a mesh bag as a stencil for more texture. The silver foil was cut from candy wrappers and attached with a fusible web. The ‘beets’ are painted Warm and Natural and the stems are self stick cording from the scrap booking department that I painted and stitched. The leaves are painted lutradur. The edges were burnt with a soddering iron to give them a more natural look. The medallion was cut from printed tissue paper attached with a fusible web, stamped and enhanced with markers and beads. The ‘B’ was cut from timtex, painted and beaded and attached by hand stitching. The piece was then free motion quilted. The tips of several leaves are not stitched down for a more dimensional look. The heart is couched yarn and the text is free motion stitched.