Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's new to me.....

A couple of weeks ago I bought a used Bernina Artista 180e to keep at our house in NC. Here is a picture of all of the stuff right after I wheeled it into our house in GA. It came with 8 different feet, embroidery software and hoops and all of these cases full of miscellaneous stuff. I bought it from someone who works at the Atlanta Sewing Center. It has 87 hours on it and has been serviced every year so it has been well cared for. The owner was upgrading to a different Bernina. I have never owned a Bernina and am excited about the machine. Any tips from some of you Bernina owners. Also, how is it for free motion quilting?

3 comments:

MarveLes Art Studios said...

It's a wonderful machine for free motion! (I am a Bernina girl) Because I teach 'mastery classes' for Bernina, I have put on my blog many tips for threads, needles and tensions as well as a few feet (so far!) I play on three different Bernina's myself. ENJOY! EXPLORE! HAVE FUN! If you would like some of these things emailed to you, I can send you the pdf documents I have developed for my students!

Robbie said...

I love my Bernina's! I have a 1090 (older one) that is still great!! And my newer one is the 440. i don't use the BSR only because I switch between machines when we travel but I love both for FMQ'ing! They're a great machine.

Digitalgran said...

I love my Bernina and it's lovely for free motion embroidery.