Friday, January 15, 2010

Initiative Challenge Reveal


Here it is! My first piece created for the Fiberactions group challenge. The challenge word was ‘initiative’ and the name of my quilt is ‘Living a Creative Life’. I initially had a tough time coming up with an idea on how I would interpret this theme. In coming up with ideas for my work, I usually disregard the first few that come to mind. I do this because I think that in a challenge situation people’s first thoughts may be the obvious interpretation of the theme and I want my interpretation to be unique.

I hope this piece evokes a sense of fun and energy. Be sure to click on the image to see all of the details since I spent hours adding different embellishments.

Check out the Fibreractions blog to see the other 12 artist quilts on this theme and more details on this quilt. Our next challenge will be announced later today and I can't wait to see what I will be working on next.

10 comments:

Dena said...

Your quilt is beautiful. Very good use of color and detail. Nice job!

Deborah said...

This piece is fabulous!

Yvonne said...

Wonderful! Love it!

Rochelle said...

Hey Judy. Love your piece. Great photo. The details are amazing.
See you Sunday!

Deborah Levy said...

Judy this is fabulous. I love the explosion of energy from your "core". The details are wonderful.

Robbie said...

Judy, VERY, VERY nice!!!

Vivien Zepf said...

This is so high energy, with all your different ideas busting to get out! Great interpretation.

Susan Schrott, Artist said...

I did click on the quilt and it is just fantastic. the detail and sense of explosiveness is just wonderful. Such energy!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Wow! Fantastic energy, beautiful colors and quilting, little miniature pieces of art hurtling though the piece! I love it!

Quilter Kathy said...

It is fabulous...love the colours and the embellishments!