Monday, March 2, 2009

Thunder Snow


Yesterday we welcomed March with thunder snow. This is the phenomenon where you have thunder and lightening in a heavy snow storm. It is rare enough to get a good snow in the Atlanta area but this is even more uncommon. Saturday it was over 60 degrees so the ground was warm and not much of the snow stuck but it was still a beautiful site to see and it came down in huge heavy flakes for over 3 hours. It was strange this morning getting up and still seeing the deck covered with snow. I grew up in northern IN so I have seen plenty of snow in my lifetime and I really do prefer the GA weather to IN but it is nice to see this once in a while.

1 comment:

Connie in the Tent said...

Hi Judy,

With your permission I'd like to add your blog to the blog page of my new quilting directory, Quilt Qua : http://www.quiltqua.com/links/blogs/ You can let me know if you'd like to be included. If you would like to be on the top "featured" list, you simply need to let me know you've made mention, or placed a link on your site, back to Quilt Qua. I can send you a graphic if you'd like one for that purpose.

I look forward to hearing from you. Please note photos are always welcome on the Show and Tell page, and do let me know if I've missed your business to list on the web site!
--
Thank you,
Connie Colten
Quilt Qua
www.quiltqua.com
619-562-0867