Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What I Will Be Wearing In Houston




This is the jacket that I just finished this morning. So like me to be soooooo last minute! I haven't made a piece of clothing for myself for probably 25 years so I don't know what possessed me to do this. Could be that I will be going to Houston with 2 friends who have really beautiful jackets of their own that they have made. Everything I used was stuff I had. I started with a black sweatshirt and a gorgeous piece of Ricki Timms fabric that I have looked at for a while but couldn't decide what to do with it (part of the problem being that I just didn't what to cut it up!). I winged it from there since I had no pattern and only some instructions I found on the Internet. Didn't turn out too bad for a first try but not show quality. If you are in Houston and see me walking around just give me a shout to say hello.


2 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

Have a great time. Wow, you've done a lot of great things in the past year and a half -- beautiful pieces, I must say!

Cay Denise said...

Lovely...did you paint the fabric yourself? You'll certainly be noticed in Houston, and have a great time!