Thursday, July 19, 2012

What I'm working on

Here is my latest project.  This is for a challenge by the Georgia Quilt Council to create a quilt celebrating GA.  The waterfall is made from leftovers from my Bald River Falls quilt.  Georgia does have many great waterfalls.  I love the sky on the right.  The quilting really added a lot to enhance the fabric.  I think of this as a sunrise since part of GA in on the Atlantic.

Finally I added the Atlanta skyline.  I also love the funky cityscape fabric.  Got this at Red Hen Fabrics here in Marietta and thanks to Maryann who is great at finding just what I need.  I still have some quilting to do and I plan to face the edges.   Finished size will be about 30" x 20" and I need to have it done in the next 3 weeks. This has been a fun little quilt to work on.

No comments: