Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Looking Back To Move Forward

This is my first landscape quilt. I started it in 2005 and finished it in 2006. I look at it now and it seems so simple. I was looking for a new hobby and was inspired by the book Landscape Quilts by Nancy Zieman and Natalie Sewell. Little did I know that I would become so absorbed with creating art quilts.

My landscapes now have become very detailed and I am obsessed with creating realistic scenes using paints, colored pencils, markers or anything else that will enhance the scene. I feel I have grown as an artist and am excited to expand my horizons. I think we can learn a lot about our selves and work by taking time to reflect on what we have done and where we want to go. Have you ever taken the time to look back to move forward?

1 comment:

Michele/TextileTraveler said...

Beautiful work. I also have that book and one of these days will actually work up the nerve to tackle a landscape!