Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mono printing - Try This at Home

I was playing with paint the other day and tried mono printing. The first picture is of an acetate (what you use on an overhead projector) that I spooned Lumiere metallic paints onto. The second picture is the result of putting a piece of black fabric over the painted acetate and lightly pressing the fabric into the paint. The third picture is another print from the same acetate and you can see that it printed a little lighter. If you try this make sure and protect your work surface since it can get a little messy if you aren't careful. This was really fun and I like the results. I have a project in mind for one of the prints so watch this space.



3 comments:

Tina Marie Rey said...

This is really nice and Cool!
Love the look on the black fabric, really pops! I will have to give this a whirl!

Judy Alexander said...

Thanks Tina. I have been trying to think of how I can modify this technique for a future piece I have in mind.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

This is great. I haven't tried any sort of paints or that sort of thing but this looks like something I could manage. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing how you adapt it.
Shirley