Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fiber Art Fusion Holiday Art Exchange

  1. I belong to a group call Fiber Art Fusion that meets on a monthly basis. This has been a great way to get to know some very talented artist and learn new techniques. Tonight was our annual holiday dinner and art exchange. Each person brought a gift wrapped 5x7 piece of art that they had created. We did a blind exchange so each of us came home with a great piece of art. This is the piece that I gave away and it was selected by Margaret Betz. It is called 'Goddesses'. The background is painted warm and natural that has layers of stamping, Angelina fibers and painted misty fuse. I then used puff paint to create the raised areas adding beads to the wet paint. After expanding the paint I lightly brushed it with gold paint. I drew the 3 goddess symbols and then free motion quilted them. The top symbol is for Isis, the middle one is for Inanna and the bottom represents Ishtar. I finished it by adding a few beads and painting the edges with gold. This is another unusual piece for me. Tomorrow I will post a picture of the art I received.

No comments: